Jump to Main Content
- Souto, Luciana Reis Fontinelle; Silva, Isadora Ferreira da; Ninow, Jorge L.; Collins, Samuel R.A.; Elliston, Adam; Waldron, Keith W.
- Biomass and bioenergy 2019 v.127 pp. 105259
- hydrolysis, etc ; Araceae; Landoltia punctata; bioethanol; biomass; cellulose; ethanol; fermentation; lignin content; raw materials; saccharification; starch; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Duckweed has been proposed as a potential raw material to produce renewable biofuels, signified by: its high productivity and low competition with agriculture; its high proportion of carbohydrate (cellulose and starch); a low lignin content, which avoids the likely recalcitrance of cellulose to saccharification. This study has investigated the effect of hydrothermal pre-treatment on structural and ...
- Liu, Liang; You, Yina; Deng, Hong; Guo, Yurong; Meng, Yonghong
- Biomass and bioenergy 2019 v.126 pp. 62-69
- enzymatic hydrolysis; hydrolysis, etc ; Yarrowia lipolytica; acetyl coenzyme A; apple pomace; cellulose; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; fermentation; galacturonic acid; glucose; hydrolysates; ingredients; lipids; microbial oils; pectins; phosphoketolase; polygalacturonase; response surface methodology; xylose; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The low hydrolysis rate limits fermentable sugar production from apple pomace. Thus, efficient enzymatic hydrolysis techniques are critical. In this research, the release rate of galacturonic acid, the major monomer ingredient of pectin, achieved 9.23% by adding 0.05% pectinase to remove pectin which impedes the contact between cellulose and cellulase. Galacturonic acid was removed to facilitate t ...