Jump to Main Content
- Dash, Madhusmita; Mohanty, Kaustubha
- Biomass and bioenergy 2019 v.124 pp. 33-42
- enzymatic hydrolysis, etc ; Miscanthus; anions; bioethanol; biomass; cations; cellulose; crystal structure; glucose; hemicellulose; hydrogen bonding; ionic liquids; lignin; sulfates; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The combined effect of anions of ionic liquids (IL) and anti-solvents on pre-treatment and dissolution mechanisms of biomass are not well studied. To reveal the above effect, three different ionic liquids composed with fixed cation ([EMIM]+) but varied anions were studied for Miscanthus dissolution. Results showed that [EMIM]+[Ac]– was very good in altering the cellulose structure and crystallinit ...
- Majumdar, Sayari; Naha, Antara; Bhattacharyya, D.K.; Bhowal, Jayati
- Biomass and bioenergy 2019 v.125 pp. 169-179
- enzymatic hydrolysis, etc ; X-ray diffraction; biomass; cauliflower; cellulose; cellulosic fibers; crystal structure; delignification; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; feedstocks; hemicellulose; leaves; lignin; pH; phosphoric acid; porosity; reducing sugars; saccharification; scanning electron microscopy; temperature; wastes; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... The present study investigated the feasibility of using cauliflower wastes (stalk and leaf) as novel feedstock for production of fermentable sugars, thus reducing the wastage. In this investigation cauliflower wastes were pretreated with dilute phosphoric acid (H3PO4) prior to enzymatic hydrolysis for better release of fermentable sugars. Maximum total reducing sugar yields were achieved at 121 °C ...