Jump to Main Content
- Takabe, Yugo; Himeno, Shuji; Okayasu, Yuji; Minamiyama, Mizuhiko; Komatsu, Toshiya; Nanjo, Kouhei; Yamasaki, Yukiyo; Uematsu, Ryuji
- Biomass and bioenergy 2017 v.106 pp. 191-198
- biogas; biomass production; carbon; carbon dioxide; effluents; energy balance; energy content; energy costs; flue gas; income; microalgae; models; power plants; production technology; wastewater treatment
- ... Utilising CO2 from biogas as a carbon source can introduce energy production systems incorporating microalgae cultivation into wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs). In this study, the effects of utilising membrane-separated CO2 (MSC; CO2 content: 983 ± 11 dm3 m−3)—obtained from biogas using a newly developed separation system—on indigenous microalgae cultivation with treated effluents was investiga ...
- Wannasek, Lukas; Ortner, Markus; Amon, Barbara; Amon, Thomas
- Biomass and bioenergy 2017 v.106 pp. 137-145
- Sorghum (Poaceae); biogas; biomass production; catch crops; climate; climate change; drought tolerance; feedstocks; harvest date; heat sums; maturity stage; methane production; prediction; ripening; statistical analysis; summer; temperature; vegetation
- ... The experiments comprised three vegetation periods of five sorghum varieties. Novel data on the development of biomass yield, maturity level and biogas production were gained. Dry matter (DM) biomass yield ranged between 15.7 and 20.67 t ha−1 when sorghum was grown as main crop. The variety SOR 4 achieved a methane yield of 6500 m3 ha−1. The suitability of different sorghum varieties as summer cat ...