Jump to Main Content
- Stolarski, Mariusz J.; Olba-Zięty, Ewelina; Rosenqvist, Håkan; Krzyżaniak, Michał
- Biomass and bioenergy 2017 v.106 pp. 74-82
- Robinia pseudoacacia; biomass production; crops; energy; farmers; income; lignin; mineral fertilizers; prices; profitability; soil amendments; transportation
- ... Profitability of biomass production is the main condition to be fulfilled for farmers to be more interested in growing short rotation woody crops (SRWC). The aim of this study was to assess the cost and economic efficiency of production of chips from three SRWC species (willow, poplar, black locust) depending on the soil amendment method, biomass prices and the transportation distance to the end u ...
- Takabe, Yugo; Himeno, Shuji; Okayasu, Yuji; Minamiyama, Mizuhiko; Komatsu, Toshiya; Nanjo, Kouhei; Yamasaki, Yukiyo; Uematsu, Ryuji
- Biomass and bioenergy 2017 v.106 pp. 191-198
- biogas; biomass production; carbon; carbon dioxide; effluents; energy balance; energy content; energy costs; flue gas; income; microalgae; models; power plants; production technology; wastewater treatment
- ... Utilising CO2 from biogas as a carbon source can introduce energy production systems incorporating microalgae cultivation into wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs). In this study, the effects of utilising membrane-separated CO2 (MSC; CO2 content: 983 ± 11 dm3 m−3)—obtained from biogas using a newly developed separation system—on indigenous microalgae cultivation with treated effluents was investiga ...