Jump to Main Content
- Movil-Cabrera, Omar; Rodriguez-Silva, Allen; Arroyo-Torres, Christian; Staser, John A.
- Biomass and bioenergy 2016 v.88 pp. 89-96
- biorefining, etc ; alloys; cobalt; electrochemistry; electrodes; heptane; hydroxyl radicals; lignin; nanoparticles; oxidation; platinum; pulping; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Electrochemical conversion of waste lignin from pulping mills and biorefineries is an alternative renewable process for generating industrial chemicals that may afford better control over conversion than other catalytic or thermochemical processes because the electrode potential, and hence the reaction energetics, can be controlled. The authors report here electrochemical oxidation of lignin on a ...
- Rasmussen, Helena; Mogensen, Kit H.; Jeppesen, Martin D.; Sørensen, Hanne R.; Meyer, Anne S.
- Biomass and bioenergy 2016 v.93 pp. 209-216
- biorefining, etc ; 4-hydroxybenzoic acid; Elaeis guineensis; biomass; carboxylation; deoxysugars; enzymatic hydrolysis; feedstocks; fermentation; formic acid; fucose; furfural; glucose; lignin; pectins; rhamnose; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... An unknown major compound, characteristically occurring during processing of oil palm empty fruit bunches was identified with LC-DAD-ESI-MS/MS to be 4-hydroxybenzoic acid. Lignin from oil palm empty fruit bunches contains 4-hydroxybenzoic acid so a tempting conclusion was that the 4-hydroxybenzoic acid originated from lignin. However, another hypothesis to its origin was also tested. The route con ...