Jump to Main Content
- Laitila, Juha; Asikainen, Antti; Ranta, Tapio
- Biomass and bioenergy 2016 v.90 pp. 252-261
- stumps, etc ; bark; biomass; cost analysis; cost effectiveness; forest industries; forests; freight; geographic information systems; industrial byproducts; laws and regulations; models; sawdust; sawmills; whole tree harvesting; wood; wood chips; Finland; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Laws mandating the physical dimensions of freight transport vehicles were changed in Finland and the new legislation enables higher gross weights as well as larger load capacities. The aim of this study was to examine truck transportation costs associated with forest chips and forest industry by-products as a function of transportation distance and procurement volume in order to determine the most ...
- Kilpeläinen, Antti; Alam, Ashraful; Torssonen, Piritta; Ruusuvuori, Hanna; Kellomäki, Seppo; Peltola, Heli
- Biomass and bioenergy 2016 v.87 pp. 1-8
- stumps, etc ; Picea abies; bioenergy; biomass; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; climate; climate change; coal; energy; felling; forest ecosystems; fossils; greenhouse gas emissions; intensive forestry; life cycle assessment; nitrogen; planting; roots; simulation models; Finland; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The main objective of this work was to study the effects of intensive forest management on net climate impact of energy biomass (logging residues and/or stumps and coarse roots) utilisation from final felling of Norway spruce (Picea abies L. Karst) grown on medium-fertile site under boreal conditions in Finland. We employed forest ecosystem model simulations and a life cycle assessment (LCA) tool ...