Jump to Main Content
- Kärhä, Kalle
- Biomass and bioenergy 2011 v.35 no.8 pp. 3404-3413
- stumps, etc ; energy; forests; logging; supply chain; surveys; timber production; wood; wood chips; Finland; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Metsäteho Oy surveyed the industrial supply chains used in the production of forest chips in 2006 in Finland. The Metsäteho study also conducted a survey of the production machinery of forest chips used by energy plants in 2007, and provided an estimate of industrial supply chains and future machinery requirements for forest chip production in Finland. The majority of the logging residue chips and ...
- Ranta, Tapio; Korpinen, Olli-Jussi
- Biomass and bioenergy 2011 v.35 no.5 pp. 1841-1850
- stumps, etc ; energy; fuels (fire ecology); fuelwood; logging; peat; power plants; transportation; Finland; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The annual use of forest fuels has grown rapidly in Finland during the 21st century. In 2007 the annual use was 5.3Â TWh (firewood use excluded), whereas the targeted growth by the year 2010 is 10.6Â TWh, i.e. some 5Â millionÂ mÂ³. The purpose of this work was to evaluate the maximum availability of forest fuels to CHP plants in Eastern Finland. The total availability to the selected CHP plant pop ...