Jump to Main Content
- Kangas, Hanna-Liisa; Lyytimäki, Jari; Saarela, Sanna-Riikka; Primmer, Eeva
- Biomass and bioenergy 2018 v.118 pp. 65-73
- stump extraction; stumps, etc ; European Union; biofuels; carbon sequestration; climate; energy; environmental impact; environmental sustainability; forest resources; forests; issues and policy; qualitative analysis; stakeholders; Finland; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The sustainable use of forest resources is an intensively debated topic, raising environmental, socio-cultural and economic concerns. The debate culminates around forest bioenergy. The bioenergy debate has been characterized by a strong polarisation between different perspectives on environmental impacts. In particular, the claims about carbon sequestration have been contrasted with other ecologic ...
- Sikkema, R.; Faaij, A.P.C.; Ranta, T.; Heinimö, J.; Gerasimov, Y.Y.; Karjalainen, T.; Nabuurs, G.J.
- Biomass and bioenergy 2014 v.71 pp. 23-36
- stumps, etc ; European Union; biofuels; biomass; boreal forests; certification; delimbing; energy; energy policy; forest management; forest resources; laws and regulations; recycling; sawlogs; slash; soil pollution; surveys; sustainable forestry; trees; Finland; Russia; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Forest biomass is one of the main contributors to the EU's renewable energy target of 20% gross final energy consumption in 2020 (Renewable Energy Directive). Following the RED, new sustainability principles are launched by the European energy sector, such as the Initiative Wood Pellet Buyers (IWPB or SBP). The aim of our study is the investigation of the quantitative impacts from IWPB's principle ...