Jump to Main Content
- Toivanen, Tero; Markkanen, Anni; Kotiaho, Janne S.; Halme, Panu
- Biomass and bioenergy 2012 v.39 pp. 84-93
- stumps, etc ; Picea abies; biodiversity; dead wood; forests; fuels (fire ecology); fungi; harvesting; logging; risk; saprotrophs; silvicultural practices; Finland; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The removal of logging residues and stumps from clear-cuts has become a common forestry practice. Forest fuel harvesting decreases the initially low volume of dead wood in managed forests, but the biodiversity effects are poorly known. We studied the effects of forest fuel harvesting on decomposer fungi on clear-cut Norway spruce stands in central Finland. The number of occurrences and taxa of pol ...
- Kärhä, Kalle
- Biomass and bioenergy 2011 v.35 no.8 pp. 3404-3413
- stumps, etc ; energy; forests; logging; supply chain; surveys; timber production; wood; wood chips; Finland; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Metsäteho Oy surveyed the industrial supply chains used in the production of forest chips in 2006 in Finland. The Metsäteho study also conducted a survey of the production machinery of forest chips used by energy plants in 2007, and provided an estimate of industrial supply chains and future machinery requirements for forest chip production in Finland. The majority of the logging residue chips and ...