Jump to Main Content
- Laitila, Juha; Asikainen, Antti; Ranta, Tapio
- Biomass and bioenergy 2016 v.90 pp. 252-261
- stumps, etc ; bark; biomass; cost analysis; cost effectiveness; forest industries; forests; freight; geographic information systems; industrial byproducts; laws and regulations; models; sawdust; sawmills; whole tree harvesting; wood; wood chips; Finland; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Laws mandating the physical dimensions of freight transport vehicles were changed in Finland and the new legislation enables higher gross weights as well as larger load capacities. The aim of this study was to examine truck transportation costs associated with forest chips and forest industry by-products as a function of transportation distance and procurement volume in order to determine the most ...
- Sikkema, R.; Faaij, A.P.C.; Ranta, T.; Heinimö, J.; Gerasimov, Y.Y.; Karjalainen, T.; Nabuurs, G.J.
- Biomass and bioenergy 2014 v.71 pp. 23-36
- stumps, etc ; European Union; biofuels; biomass; boreal forests; certification; delimbing; energy; energy policy; forest management; forest resources; laws and regulations; recycling; sawlogs; slash; soil pollution; surveys; sustainable forestry; trees; Finland; Russia; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Forest biomass is one of the main contributors to the EU's renewable energy target of 20% gross final energy consumption in 2020 (Renewable Energy Directive). Following the RED, new sustainability principles are launched by the European energy sector, such as the Initiative Wood Pellet Buyers (IWPB or SBP). The aim of our study is the investigation of the quantitative impacts from IWPB's principle ...