Jump to Main Content
- Laitila, Juha; Asikainen, Antti; Ranta, Tapio
- Biomass and bioenergy 2016 v.90 pp. 252-261
- stumps, etc ; bark; biomass; cost analysis; cost effectiveness; forest industries; forests; freight; geographic information systems; industrial byproducts; laws and regulations; models; sawdust; sawmills; whole tree harvesting; wood; wood chips; Finland; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Laws mandating the physical dimensions of freight transport vehicles were changed in Finland and the new legislation enables higher gross weights as well as larger load capacities. The aim of this study was to examine truck transportation costs associated with forest chips and forest industry by-products as a function of transportation distance and procurement volume in order to determine the most ...
- Kärhä, Kalle
- Biomass and bioenergy 2011 v.35 no.8 pp. 3404-3413
- stumps, etc ; energy; forests; logging; supply chain; surveys; timber production; wood; wood chips; Finland; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Metsäteho Oy surveyed the industrial supply chains used in the production of forest chips in 2006 in Finland. The Metsäteho study also conducted a survey of the production machinery of forest chips used by energy plants in 2007, and provided an estimate of industrial supply chains and future machinery requirements for forest chip production in Finland. The majority of the logging residue chips and ...