Jump to Main Content
- Das, Subhrabaran; Jash, Tushar
- Biomass and bioenergy 2009 v.33 no.1 pp. 137-143
- energy resources, etc ; biomass; crop residues; forest resources; local government; rural areas; case studies; electricity; India; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... West Bengal is basically an agricultural-based state in India. Agriculture and forest residues are the two main categories of biomass residues generated in West Bengal. Out of the total biomass residues generated in the state, about 79% comes from agriculture. In this paper, district-wise biomass residues generation and the potential for power generation from surplus biomass, in the state, have be ...
- Soliño, M.; Prada, A.; Vazquez, M.X.
- Biomass and bioenergy 2009 v.33 no.3 pp. 407-414
- energy resources, etc ; electricity; biofuels; biomass; wood; forest trees; wood products; case studies; sustainable development; sustainable forestry; issues and policy; objectives; risk assessment; environmental impact; forest fires; economic impact; economic costs; social impact; employment; fossil fuels; Spain; Southern European region; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Renewable energy sources are expected to represent a growing proportion of the primary energy sources for the production of electricity. Environmental and social reasons support this tendency. European and Spanish energy plans assign a role of primary importance to biomass in general and, especially, to forest biomass for the period up to 2010. This paper reviews, organises and quantifies the pote ...