Jump to Main Content
- Rooney, William, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biomass and bioenergy 2016 v.93 pp. 217-226
- Escherichia coli; Ricinus communis; biofuels; biotransformation; carbon; energy; energy crops; free fatty acids; genes; genetic engineering; metabolic engineering; mutants; pH; plasmids; production costs; sucrose
- ... The unprecedented challenge of meeting the energy demand of growing economies has increased the need to produce hydrocarbon fuels using renewable sources. Among different platforms being researched these days, hydrocarbon biofuel and chemical production from free fatty acids (FFAs) have gained a lot of attention. The current study reports on value addition to sorghum energy crop through utilizatio ...
- Rooney, William L., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biomass and bioenergy 2013 v.56 pp. 307-316
- Miscanthus giganteus; stem nodes; shoots; Panicum virgatum; Saccharum officinarum; hybrids; bioenergy; nutrient use efficiency; leaves; grasses; Zea mays; C4 plants; energy; leaf area; vegetative growth; canopy; nitrogen; grain sorghum; aboveground biomass; internodes; Sorghum bicolor
- ... The nitrogen use efficiency (NUE) of high biomass energy sorghum hybrid plants increased during 180 days of growth to a maximum of 370 g DW g−1 N−1. Shoot N uptake was biphasic and continued for 120 days. Leaf N accumulation was rapid until day 60. Specific leaf nitrogen (SLN) varied from 0.9 to 1.7 g N m−2 green leaf area, a typical range for C4 grass canopies. Stem N increased to a maximum at da ...