Jump to Main Content
- Fang, Shengzuo; Liu, Zhilong; Cao, Yida; Liu, Dong; Yu, Mukui; Tang, Luozhong
- Biomass and bioenergy 2011 v.35 no.7 pp. 3104-3114
- stumps, etc ; Quercus acutissima; biomass production; chemical composition; coppicing; energy; farms; forests; fuelwood; growing season; plantations; stemwood; China; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Sprout development, biomass production and fuelwood characteristics in coppiced plantations of sawtooth oak were evaluated at the Hongya Mountain Forest Farm in Anhui Province, China. Experimental treatments applied in a split-plot design included three stump heights (5, 50 and 100 cm) and four sprout numbers reserved on each stump (1 sprout, 2 sprouts, 4 sprouts stump⁻¹ and check). Sprout growth ...
- Eriksson, Lisa; Gustavsson, Leif
- Biomass and bioenergy 2010 v.34 no.5 pp. 610-619
- stumps, etc ; forest litter; plant byproducts; forest products industry; energy efficiency; energy use and consumption; cost analysis; fuelwood; biofuels; forest yields; greenhouse gases; gas emissions; topography; spatial distribution; coal; dry matter accumulation; roundwood; slash; ash; Sweden; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Here we examine the cost, primary energy use, and net carbon emissions associated with removal and use of forest residues for energy, considering different recovery systems, terrain, forwarding distance and forest productivity. We show the potential recovery of forest fuel for Sweden, its costs and net carbon emissions from primary energy use and avoided fossil carbon emissions. The potential annu ...