Jump to Main Content
- Liao, Weihua; Lei, Peng; Pan, Jinbin; Zhang, Cai; Sun, Xianting; Zhang, Xuejun; Yu, Chunshui; Sun, Shao-Kai
- Biomaterials 2019 v.203 pp. 1-11
- X-radiation; adverse effects; biocompatibility; computed tomography; gastrointestinal system; image analysis; kidneys; synthesis; water solubility
- ... Clinically used iodinated computer tomography (CT) contrast agents suffer from low sensitivity, and the emerging lanthanide-chelates and CT imaging nanoagents raise great safety concerns. The fusion of high sensitivity and good biocompatibility is highly desired for the development of CT contrast agents. Herein, we propose a facile and green one-pot synthesis strategy for the fabrication of a smal ...
- Zhou, Zhengjie; Yan, Yang; Wang, Li; Zhang, Qiang; Cheng, Yiyun
- Biomaterials 2019 v.203 pp. 63-72
- adverse effects; autophagy; breast neoplasms; fever; metastasis; nanoparticles; neoplasm cells; peptides; photothermotherapy; risk; tissues
- ... Photothermal therapy efficiently ablates tumors via hyperthermia but inevitably induces serious side effects including thermal damage to normal tissues, inflammations and enhanced risk of tumor metastasis. In this study, we fabricated a dual peptide decorated melanin-like nanoparticle for tumor-targeted and autophagy-promoted photothermal therapy in pursuit of improved cancer treatment. The multif ...