Jump to Main Content
- Yeh, Yi-Ting; Wei, Josh; Thorossian, Satenick; Nguyen, Katherine; Hoffman, Clarissa; del Álamo, Juan C.; Serrano, Ricardo; Li, Yi-Shuan Julie; Wang, Kuei-Chun; Chien, Shu
- Biomaterials 2019 v.204 pp. 59-69
- cell differentiation; cell growth; cytoskeleton; geometry; mesenchymal stromal cells; microRNA; myocytes; phenotype; smooth muscle
- ... The use of biochemical signaling to derive smooth muscle cells (SMCs) from mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) has been explored, but the induction of a fully functional SMC phenotype remains to be a major challenge. Cell morphology has been shown to regulate MSC differentiation into various lineages, including SMCs. We engineered substrates with microgrooves to induce cell elongation to study the mecha ...
- Wei, Yongzhen; Wu, Yifan; Zhao, Runxia; Zhang, Kaiyue; Midgley, Adam C.; Kong, Deling; Li, Zongjin; Zhao, Qiang
- Biomaterials 2019 v.204 pp. 13-24
- animal models; bioactive compounds; bone formation; calcification; cytokines; endothelium; heparin; hyperlipidemia; immunomodulation; macrophages; medicine; mesenchymal stromal cells; microRNA; patients; phenotype; rats; smooth muscle; surgery; thrombosis; tissue repair; vascular endothelial growth factors
- ... Vascular grafts often exhibit low patency rates in clinical settings due to the pathological environment within the patients requiring the surgery. Mesenchymal stem cell (MSC)-derived small extracellular vesicles (sEVs) have attracted increasing attention. These sEVs contain many potent signaling molecules that play important roles in tissue regeneration, such as microRNA and cytokines. In this st ...