Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Yanlun; Kong, Lingzhi; Farhadi, Fatemeh; Xia, Wei; Chang, Jiang; He, Yaohua; Li, Haiyan
- Biomaterials 2019 v.192 pp. 149-158
- alkaline phosphatase, etc ; agarose; biomimetics; bone marrow; cartilage; chondrocytes; coculture; collagen; gene expression; gene expression regulation; hydrogels; models; osteoblasts; rats; sodium alginate; stem cells; thermosensitivity; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Osteochondral regeneration with the formation of hyaline cartilage and subchondral bone as well as the integration between the newly formed tissues with the host tissue still remains a great challenge. In this study, a construct containing an injectable continuous stratified scaffold and multiple cell systems was designed for enhancing osteochondral regeneration. Briefly, an injectable sodium algi ...
- Othman, Ziryan; Fernandes, Hugo; Groot, Arjan J.; Luider, Theo M.; Alcinesio, Alessandro; Pereira, Daniel de Melo; Guttenplan, Alexander P.M.; Yuan, Huipin; Habibovic, Pamela
- Biomaterials 2019 v.210 pp. 12-24
- alkaline phosphatase, etc ; bone formation; bone morphogenetic proteins; calcium; calcium phosphates; cell culture; ceramics; crystallization; culture media; gene expression; genes; ions; messenger RNA; osteopontin; physicochemical properties; polystyrenes; protein content; proteomics; transcriptome; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... In the past decade, calcium phosphate (CaP) ceramics have emerged as alternatives to autologous bone grafts for the treatment of large, critical-sized bone defects. In order to be effective in the regeneration of such defects, ceramics must show osteoinductive behaviour, defined as the ability to induce de novo heterotopic bone formation. While a set of osteoinductive CaP ceramics has been develop ...