Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Chuanfang; Wang, Shunhao; Li, Linlin; Wang, Pingping; Chen, Changyou; Sun, Zhaoyu; Song, Tao
- Biomaterials 2016 v.104 pp. 352-360
- biocompatibility, etc ; bacteria; energy; heat; irradiation; magnetic resonance imaging; membrane potential; mice; mitochondrial membrane; nanoparticles; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; reactive oxygen species; therapeutics; toxicity; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The bacterial magnetic nanoparticles (BMPs) are biomineralized by the magnetotactic bacteria and naturally covered with a layer of biomembrane. Herein, BMPs were isolated and firstly used for the photothermal therapy (PTT) of cancer under the guidance of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in vitro and in vivo. The results showed that BMPs could rapidly convert the energy of 808 nm near-infrared (NIR ...
- Chen, Renxun; Willcox, Mark D.P.; Ho, Kitty Ka Kit; Smyth, Daniel; Kumar, Naresh
- Biomaterials 2016 v.85 pp. 142-151
- biocompatibility, etc ; Protozoa; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; adhesion; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; antimicrobial peptides; bacteria; biofilm; chemical reactions; coatings; cysteine; ethylene oxide; fungi; medical equipment; mice; microbial load; models; moieties; rats; titanium; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Implant-associated infections represent a significant health problem and financial burden on healthcare systems. Current strategies for the treatment or prevention of such infections are still inadequate and new strategies are needed in this era of antibiotic resistance. Melimine, a synthetic antimicrobial peptide with broad spectrum activity against bacteria, fungi and protozoa, has been shown to ...