Jump to Main Content
- Yallapu, Murali M.; Khan, Sheema; Maher, Diane M.; Ebeling, Mara C.; Sundram, Vasudha; Chauhan, Neeraj; Ganju, Aditya; Balakrishna, Swathi; Gupta, Brij K.; Zafar, Nadeem; Jaggi, Meena; Chauhan, Subhash C.
- Biomaterials 2014 v.35 no.30 pp. 8635-8648
- Western blotting; animal models; antibodies; antineoplastic activity; antineoplastic agents; apoptosis; beta catenin; cell proliferation; curcumin; in situ hybridization; iodine; men; mice; nanoparticles; neoplasm cells; patients; phosphorylation; pro-apoptotic proteins; prostatic neoplasms; remission; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; therapeutics; tissues
- ... Prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer disease in men in the Unites States and its management remains a challenge in everyday oncology practice. Thus, advanced therapeutic strategies are required to treat prostate cancer patients. Curcumin (CUR) is a promising anticancer agent for various cancer types. The objective of this study was to evaluate therapeutic potential of novel poly(l ...
- PubMed Central:
- Shen, Jie; Wang, Qiwen; Hu, Qida; Li, Yongbing; Tang, Guping; Chu, Paul K.
- Biomaterials 2014 v.35 no.30 pp. 8621-8634
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; P-glycoproteins; RNA interference; Western blotting; X-ray diffraction; apoptosis; cell lines; doxorubicin; hydrophobicity; in vitro studies; messenger RNA; micelles; multiple drug resistance; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polymers; protein content; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; small interfering RNA; therapeutics; transmission electron microscopy
- ... One of the main obstacles in tumor therapy is multiple drug resistance (MDR) and an underlying mechanism of MDR is up-regulation of the transmembrane ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter proteins, especially P-glycoprotein (P-gp). In the synergistic treatment of siRNA and anti-cancer drug doxorubicin, it is crucial that both the siRNA and doxorubicin are simultaneously delivered to the tumor cel ...