Jump to Main Content
- Yallapu, Murali M.; Khan, Sheema; Maher, Diane M.; Ebeling, Mara C.; Sundram, Vasudha; Chauhan, Neeraj; Ganju, Aditya; Balakrishna, Swathi; Gupta, Brij K.; Zafar, Nadeem; Jaggi, Meena; Chauhan, Subhash C.
- Biomaterials 2014 v.35 no.30 pp. 8635-8648
- Western blotting; animal models; antibodies; antineoplastic activity; antineoplastic agents; apoptosis; beta catenin; cell proliferation; curcumin; in situ hybridization; iodine; men; mice; nanoparticles; neoplasm cells; patients; phosphorylation; pro-apoptotic proteins; prostatic neoplasms; remission; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; therapeutics; tissues
- ... Prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer disease in men in the Unites States and its management remains a challenge in everyday oncology practice. Thus, advanced therapeutic strategies are required to treat prostate cancer patients. Curcumin (CUR) is a promising anticancer agent for various cancer types. The objective of this study was to evaluate therapeutic potential of novel poly(l ...
- PubMed Central:
- Bae, Byoung-chan; Yang, Su-Geun; Jeong, Seok; Lee, Don Haeng; Na, Kun; Kim, Joon Mee; Costamagna, Guido; Kozarek, Richard A.; Isayama, Hiroyuki; Deviere, Jacques; Seo, Dong Wan; Reddy, D. Nageshwar
- Biomaterials 2014 v.35 no.30 pp. 8487-8495
- animal models; apoptosis; bile ducts; cell lines; cholestasis; cytotoxicity; image analysis; in vitro studies; mice; miniature swine; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; photochemotherapy; photosensitizing agents; pullulan; singlet oxygen; swine; tissues
- ... Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is a new therapeutic approach for the palliative treatment of malignant bile duct obstruction. In this study, we designed photosensitizer-embedded self-expanding nonvascular metal stent (PDT-stent) which allows repeatable photodynamic treatment of cholangiocarcinoma without systemic injection of photosensitizer. Polymeric photosensitizer (pullulan acetate-conjugated pheo ...