Jump to Main Content
- Bae, Daekyeong; Moon, Sung-Hwan; Park, Bo Gi; Park, Soon-Jung; Jung, Taekhee; Kim, Jung Suk; Lee, Kyu Back; Chung, Hyung-Min
- Biomaterials 2014 v.35 no.3 pp. 916-928
- cadherins; cytoskeleton; embryonic stem cells; focal adhesions; gene expression; humans; medicine; nanomaterials
- ... Recently emerging evidence has indicated surface nanotopography as an important physical parameter in the stem cell niche for regulating cell fate and behaviors for various types of stem cells. In this study, a substrate featuring arrays of increasing nanopillar diameter was devised to investigate the effects of varying surface nanotopography on the maintenance of undifferentiated human embryonic ...
- Vazin, Tandis; Ashton, Randolph S.; Conway, Anthony; Rode, Nikhil A.; Lee, Susan M.; Bravo, Verenice; Healy, Kevin E.; Kane, Ravi S.; Schaffer, David V.
- Biomaterials 2014 v.35 no.3 pp. 941-948
- biocompatible materials; brain; cell differentiation; embryonic stem cells; epilepsy; gamma-aminobutyric acid; humans; ligands; lipids; neurons; patients; receptors
- ... Stem cell differentiation is regulated by complex repertoires of signaling ligands which often use multivalent interactions, where multiple ligands tethered to one entity interact with multiple cellular receptors to yield oligomeric complexes. One such ligand is Sonic hedgehog (Shh), whose posttranslational lipid modifications and assembly into multimers enhance its biological potency, potentially ...