Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Cheng; Chen, Feng; Valdovinos, Hector F.; Jiang, Dawei; Goel, Shreya; Yu, Bo; Sun, Haiyan; Barnhart, Todd E.; Moon, James J.; Cai, Weibo
- Biomaterials 2018 v.165 pp. 56-65
- coatings; doxorubicin; gold; mice; nanoparticles; nanorods; neoplasms; permeability; porosity; porous media; positron-emission tomography; silica; surface area; therapeutics
- ... Mesoporous silica nanoshell (MSN) coating has been demonstrated as a versatile surface modification strategy for various kinds of inorganic functional nanoparticles, such as gold nanorods (GNRs), to achieve not only improved nanoparticle stability but also concomitant drug loading capability. However, limited drug loading capacity and low tumor accumulation rate in vivo are two major challenges fo ...
- Mei, Xuan; Wang, Wei; Yan, Liang; Hu, Tingting; Liang, Ruizheng; Yan, Dan; Wei, Min; Evans, David G.; Duan, Xue
- Biomaterials 2018 v.165 pp. 14-24
- chlorins; fluorescence; gold; hydrotalcite; image analysis; magnetic resonance imaging; magnetism; nanogold; nanosheets; neoplasms; photosensitizing agents; synergism; therapeutics
- ... Recently, theranostic has drawn tremendous attention by virtue of the nanotechnology development and new material exploration. Herein, we reported a novel theranostic system by loading Au nanoclusters (AuNCs) and Chlorin e6 (photosensitizer, Ce6) onto the monolayer nanosheet surface of Gd-doped layered double hydroxide (Gd-LDH). The as-prepared Ce6&AuNCs/Gd-LDH exhibits a largely enhanced fluoresc ...