Jump to Main Content
- Tina Chen, Szu-Yu, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Biomaterials 2014 v.35 no.36 pp. 9599-9607
- cartilage; chemokines; chondrocytes; genes; homeostasis; hyaluronic acid; immunoblotting; inflammation; models; osteoarthritis; patients; phenotype; receptors; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; signal transduction; therapeutics; tissue repair; transcription factors
- ... Osteoarthritis (OA) is a common disease associated with tissue inflammation, physical disability and imbalanced homeostasis in cartilage. For advanced treatments, biological approaches are currently focused on tissue regeneration and anti-inflammation. This study was undertaken to evaluate the therapeutic efficacies of hyaluronic acid (HA) and platelet-rich plasma (PRP) (HA+PRP) on OA. Articular c ...
- Tina Chen, Szu-Yu, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biomaterials 2012 v.33 no.33 pp. 8256-8264
- calcitonin; calcitonin receptors; chondrogenesis; cyclic AMP; humans; phenotype; signal transduction; therapeutics
- ... Human disc degeneration initiated by aging in the central nucleus pulposus (hNP) is an irreversible process and the recovery has become seriously emerging. In this study, the related mechanisms of calcitonin on the regeneration of hNP and the effects of calcitonin on the age-related alterations were examined. The harvested hNP population was designated as YhNP (from young donor, age <50) and OhNP ...