Jump to Main Content
- Tina Chen, Szu-Yu, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Biomaterials 2014 v.35 pp. 9767-9776
- adipogenesis; alternative medicine; body weight; bone formation; bone marrow; cell growth; cell proliferation; cell senescence; fibroblasts; longevity; mice; oxidative stress; phenotype; stem cells; tissue repair
- ... Aging is related to loss of functional stem cell accompanying loss of tissue and organ regeneration potentials. Previously, we demonstrated that the life span of ovariectomy-senescence accelerated mice (OVX-SAMP8) was significantly prolonged and similar to that of the congenic senescence-resistant strain of mice after platelet rich plasma (PRP)/embryonic fibroblast transplantation. The aim of this ...
- Tina Chen, Szu-Yu, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Biomaterials 2014 v.35 no.36 pp. 9599-9607
- cartilage; chemokines; chondrocytes; genes; homeostasis; hyaluronic acid; immunoblotting; inflammation; models; osteoarthritis; patients; phenotype; receptors; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; signal transduction; therapeutics; tissue repair; transcription factors
- ... Osteoarthritis (OA) is a common disease associated with tissue inflammation, physical disability and imbalanced homeostasis in cartilage. For advanced treatments, biological approaches are currently focused on tissue regeneration and anti-inflammation. This study was undertaken to evaluate the therapeutic efficacies of hyaluronic acid (HA) and platelet-rich plasma (PRP) (HA+PRP) on OA. Articular c ...