Jump to Main Content
- Dayan, Franck E.; Cantrell, Charles L.; Duke, Stephen O.
- Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry 2009 v.17 no.12 pp. 4022
- pest control; pesticides; food quality; pesticide law; insecticidal properties; weed control; organic production; United States
- ... The tremendous increase in crop yields associated with the 'green' revolution has been possible in part by the discovery and utilization of chemicals for pest control. However, concerns over the potential impact of pesticides on human health and the environment has led to the introduction of new pesticide registration procedures, such as the Food Quality Protection Act in the United States. These ...
- Nachman, Ronald J.; Kim, Young-Joon; Wang, Xiaodong J.; Etzkorn, Felicia A.; Kaczmarek, Krzysztof; Zabrocki, Janusz; Adams, Michael E.
- Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry 2009 v.17 no.12 pp. 4216
- pheromone biosynthesis activating neuropeptide; neuropeptides; chemical structure; alkenes; molecular conformation; synthesis; receptors; Heliothis virescens; structure-activity relationships; sex pheromones
- ... The pyrokinin/pheromone biosynthesis activating neuropeptide (PK/PBAN) family plays a multifunctional role in an array of important physiological processes in insects, including regulation of sex pheromone biosynthesis in moths. A cyclic PK/PBAN analog (cyclo[NTSFTPRL]) retains significant activity on the pheromonotropic HevPBANR receptor from the tobacco budworm Heliothis virescens expressed in C ...