Jump to Main Content
- Uyar, Basar
- Bioprocess and biosystems engineering 2016 v.39 no.9 pp. 1331-1340
- bioreactors; construction materials; fuels; hydrogen; hydrogen production; mixing; temperature
- ... Hydrogen will become a significant fuel in the near future. Photofermentative production of hydrogen is a promising and sustainable process. The design, construction and successful operation of the photobioreactors are of critical importance for photofermentative hydrogen production and became a major field of research where novel technologies are developed and adapted frequently. This paper gives ...
- Schmideder, Andreas; Priebe, Xenia; Rubenbauer, Mark; Hoffmann, Thomas; Huang, Fong-Chin; Schwab, Wilfried; Weuster-Botz, Dirk
- Bioprocess and biosystems engineering 2016 v.39 no.9 pp. 1409-1414
- Escherichia coli; Vitis vinifera; batch systems; biocatalysts; bioreactors; biotransformation; geraniol; glucosides; ionic liquids; pH
- ... Whole cells of Escherichia coli overexpressing a glucosyltransferase from Vitis vinifera were used for the glucosylation of geraniol to geranyl glucoside. A high cell density cultivation process for the production of whole-cell biocatalysts was developed, gaining a dry cell mass concentration of up to 67.6 ± 1.2 g L⁻¹ and a glucosyltransferase concentration of up to 2.7 ± 0.1 g protein L⁻¹ within ...