Jump to Main Content
- Mei, Jianfeng; Li, Sha; Jin, Hang; Tang, Lan; Yi, Yu; Wang, Hong; Ying, Guoqing
- Bioprocess and biosystems engineering 2016 v.39 no.9 pp. 1435-1440
- Cucumis melo; Streptomyces; antineoplastic activity; biotransformation; drugs; enrichment culture; glycosides; pedicel
- ... Cucurbitacin B (CuB) and its glycoside, cucurbitacin B 2-o-β-D-glucoside (CuBg), abundantly occur in the pedicels of Cucumis melo. Compared with CuB, CuBg is not efficiently extracted from the pedicels. Furthermore, the anticancer activity of CuBg is lower than that of the aglycone. A process for CuBg biotransformation to CuB was developed for the first time. A strain of Streptomyces species that ...
- Schmideder, Andreas; Priebe, Xenia; Rubenbauer, Mark; Hoffmann, Thomas; Huang, Fong-Chin; Schwab, Wilfried; Weuster-Botz, Dirk
- Bioprocess and biosystems engineering 2016 v.39 no.9 pp. 1409-1414
- Escherichia coli; Vitis vinifera; batch systems; biocatalysts; bioreactors; biotransformation; geraniol; glucosides; ionic liquids; pH
- ... Whole cells of Escherichia coli overexpressing a glucosyltransferase from Vitis vinifera were used for the glucosylation of geraniol to geranyl glucoside. A high cell density cultivation process for the production of whole-cell biocatalysts was developed, gaining a dry cell mass concentration of up to 67.6 ± 1.2 g L⁻¹ and a glucosyltransferase concentration of up to 2.7 ± 0.1 g protein L⁻¹ within ...