Jump to Main Content
- Głuszcz, Paweł; Petera, Jerzy; Ledakowicz, Stanisław
- Bioprocess and biosystems engineering 2011 v.34 no.3 pp. 275-285
- activated carbon; adsorbents; adsorption; bacteria; bioreactors; bioremediation; mass transfer; mathematical models; mercury; wastewater; water pollution
- ... The mathematical model of the integrated process of mercury contaminated wastewater bioremediation in a fixed-bed industrial bioreactor is presented. An activated carbon packing in the bioreactor plays the role of an adsorbent for ionic mercury and at the same time of a carrier material for immobilization of mercury-reducing bacteria. The model includes three basic stages of the bioremediation pro ...
- PubMed Central:
- Hortsch, Ralf; Krispin, Harald; Weuster-Botz, Dirk
- Bioprocess and biosystems engineering 2011 v.34 no.3 pp. 297-304
- Streptomyces tendae; bioreactors; containers; culture media; engineering; liquid state fermentation; oxygen; viscosity
- ... Batch cultivations of the nikkomycin Z producer Streptomyces tendae were performed in three different parallel bioreactor systems (milliliter-scale stirred-tank reactors, shake flasks and shaken microtiter plate) in comparison to a standard liter-scale stirred-tank reactor as reference. Similar dry cell weight concentrations were measured as function of process time in stirred-tank reactors and sh ...