Jump to Main Content
- Hortsch, Ralf; Krispin, Harald; Weuster-Botz, Dirk
- Bioprocess and biosystems engineering 2011 v.34 no.3 pp. 297-304
- Streptomyces tendae; bioreactors; containers; culture media; engineering; liquid state fermentation; oxygen; viscosity
- ... Batch cultivations of the nikkomycin Z producer Streptomyces tendae were performed in three different parallel bioreactor systems (milliliter-scale stirred-tank reactors, shake flasks and shaken microtiter plate) in comparison to a standard liter-scale stirred-tank reactor as reference. Similar dry cell weight concentrations were measured as function of process time in stirred-tank reactors and sh ...
- Sivapathasekaran, C.; Mukherjee, Soumen; Sen, Ramkrishna; Bhattacharya, Biyash; Samanta, Ramapati
- Bioprocess and biosystems engineering 2011 v.34 no.3 pp. 339-346
- bacteria; biosurfactants; culture media; desorption; infrared spectroscopy; ionization; lipopeptides; micelles; spectral analysis; ultrafiltration
- ... The extracellular biosurfactant product secreted by a marine bacterium was concentrated and purified directly from the fermentation broth in a single step by ultrafiltration (UF) employing YM 30 kDa (UF-I) and Omega 10 kDa (UF-II) polyethersulfone membranes. The optimum operating pressure required for both membranes, UF-I and UF-II, were found to be 30 and 35 psi, respectively. The biosurfactant f ...