Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Ting; Zhou, Xiaoqin; Li, Zifu; Wang, Xuemei; Sun, Jiachen
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 345-351
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; ammonia; ammonium nitrogen; anaerobic digestion; biogas; gas production (biological); lignocellulose; liquids; logit analysis; methane; scanning electron microscopes; wheat straw
- ... In this study, the effects of liquid digestate pretreatment of wheat straw on its biogas production efficiency and anaerobic digestion were investigated using a laboratory-scale biochemical methane potential test. Scanning electron microscope, X-ray diffraction analysis and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy were used to analyze the changes in main compositions and physico-chemical structure ...
- Yu, Hyeonjung; Kim, Jaai; Lee, Changsoo
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 325-336
- ammonium nitrogen; anaerobic digestion; biomass production; community structure; effluents; fatty acid composition; inoculum; lipid metabolism; lipids; microalgae; microbial communities; mixed culture; nitrogen; sludge; starvation
- ... This study examines the potential of the mixed-culture microalgal consortia enriched from aerobic sludge (AeS) and anaerobic sludge (AnS) with regard to nutrient removal and biomass production from four different anaerobic digestion (AD) effluents. Both the inocula achieved the complete removal of the NH₄⁺-N (initial concentration of 40 mg/L) within 14 days from all the effluents. The AeS cultures ...