Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Qingyun; Xie, Xuehui; Liu, Yanbiao; Zheng, Xiulin; Wang, Yiqin; Cong, Junhao; Yu, Chengzhi; Liu, Na; Liu, Jianshe; Sand, Wolfgang
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 430-440
- bacteria; bacterial communities; biochemical pathways; biodegradation; biological treatment; community structure; decolorization; dominant species; dyes; enzymes; flora; fructose; molecular weight; pollutants; proteins; proteomics; yeast extract
- ... In this work, the performance and mechanism for the boosting effects of fructose as an additional co-metabolite towards the biological treatment of reactive black 5 were systematically investigated. A decolorization efficiency of 98% was obtained in sample FRU200 (with 3 g/L fructose added based on 3 g/L yeast extract), which was 21% higher than that without fructose. Several intermediates with lo ...
- Li, Yi; Zhang, Zhiyu; Duan, Yingxing; Wang, Hailei
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 188-198
- Bacillus (bacteria); Chlorella vulgaris; antioxidants; bacteria; bacterial communities; biomass; culture media; flocculation; harvesting; microalgae; proteins; recycling
- ... Microalgal cultivation and harvesting are two main factors that restrict the development of microalgae. To help solve these two questions, flocculating bacteria and recycling culture medium were investigated in this study. Proteins in bacterial cells of Bacillus sp. y3 and y6 exhibited direct flocculation activities on Chlorella vulgaris cells. The recycling culture media after harvest of microalg ...