Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Qingyun; Xie, Xuehui; Liu, Yanbiao; Zheng, Xiulin; Wang, Yiqin; Cong, Junhao; Yu, Chengzhi; Liu, Na; Liu, Jianshe; Sand, Wolfgang
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 430-440
- bacteria; bacterial communities; biochemical pathways; biodegradation; biological treatment; community structure; decolorization; dominant species; dyes; enzymes; flora; fructose; molecular weight; pollutants; proteins; proteomics; yeast extract
- ... In this work, the performance and mechanism for the boosting effects of fructose as an additional co-metabolite towards the biological treatment of reactive black 5 were systematically investigated. A decolorization efficiency of 98% was obtained in sample FRU200 (with 3 g/L fructose added based on 3 g/L yeast extract), which was 21% higher than that without fructose. Several intermediates with lo ...
- Zhou, Guixiang; Qiu, Xiuwen; Chen, Lin; Zhang, Congzhi; Ma, Donghao; Zhang, Jiabao
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 229-238
- Bacillaceae; Devosia; Georgenia; Mycobacterium; additives; amino acid metabolism; ammonium; bacterial communities; beta-Proteobacteria; biochemical pathways; carbohydrate metabolism; community structure; composting; corn straw; energy metabolism; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; keystone species; temperature; worm casts; zeolites
- ... Succession and metabolism functions of bacterial communities were determined in maize straw composting with earthworm casts and zeolite addition by using high-throughput sequencing, Biolog and PICRUSt. Results showed that earthworm casts and zeolite addition increased the temperature, decreased NH₄⁺ contents and affected bacterial community structure. The relative abundances of Firmicutes and Beta ...