Jump to Main Content
- Duarte, Jessica Hartwig; de Souza, Carolina Oliveira; Druzian, Janice Izabel; Costa, Jorge Alberto Vieira
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 511-514
- Synechococcus; biodiesel; biomass; carotenoids; chlorophyll; color; durability; energy; fluorescent lighting; fuel production; light emitting diodes; lipid composition; microalgae; pigments; saturated fatty acids
- ... Researches about light emitting diodes (LEDs) as energy source in microalgae cultivations has been growing in recent years due to its spectral quality, durability and reduced energy consumption. In this study, green, red and yellow LEDs were evaluated as energy source in Synechococcus nidulans LEB 115 cultures. Productivities and specific growth rates were up to 2.5 times greater than in cultures ...
- Li, Yi; Zhang, Zhiyu; Duan, Yingxing; Wang, Hailei
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 188-198
- Bacillus (bacteria); Chlorella vulgaris; antioxidants; bacteria; bacterial communities; biomass; culture media; flocculation; harvesting; microalgae; proteins; recycling
- ... Microalgal cultivation and harvesting are two main factors that restrict the development of microalgae. To help solve these two questions, flocculating bacteria and recycling culture medium were investigated in this study. Proteins in bacterial cells of Bacillus sp. y3 and y6 exhibited direct flocculation activities on Chlorella vulgaris cells. The recycling culture media after harvest of microalg ...