Jump to Main Content
- Okazaki, Hironori; Takabe, Yugo; Masuda, Takanori; Hoshikawa, Yoshiko
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 118-126
- carbon; crude protein; effluents; energy; energy content; irradiation; lipids; microalgae; nitrogen; nitrogen content; salt stress
- ... Cultivation conditions influence microalgal cellular components, such as lipid accumulation under nutrient depletion, high light irradiation and salinity stress. In this study, indigenous microalgal consortia were cultivated in batch mode using an actual treated effluent. The temporal response of cellular components to the variations in nitrogen concentration and influence of light irradiation on ...
- Yu, Hyeonjung; Kim, Jaai; Lee, Changsoo
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 325-336
- ammonium nitrogen; anaerobic digestion; biomass production; community structure; effluents; fatty acid composition; inoculum; lipid metabolism; lipids; microalgae; microbial communities; mixed culture; nitrogen; sludge; starvation
- ... This study examines the potential of the mixed-culture microalgal consortia enriched from aerobic sludge (AeS) and anaerobic sludge (AnS) with regard to nutrient removal and biomass production from four different anaerobic digestion (AD) effluents. Both the inocula achieved the complete removal of the NH₄⁺-N (initial concentration of 40 mg/L) within 14 days from all the effluents. The AeS cultures ...