Jump to Main Content
- Godlewska, Paulina; Siatecka, Anna; Kończak, Magdalena; Oleszczuk, Patryk
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 421-429
- adsorbents; adsorption; biochar; carbon dioxide; hydrophobic bonding; nitrogen; phenanthrenes; sewage; sewage sludge; temperature
- ... Adsorption of phenanthrene (PHE) and pyrene (PYR) by engineered carbon-based adsorbents produced from sewage sludge in an atmosphere of nitrogen (N₂) or carbon dioxide (CO₂) at temperatures of 500, 600, and 700 °C was investigated. The addition of willow to the SSL decreased the biochar adsorption capacity. However, there was an increase in the adsorption capacity after changing N₂ to CO₂. The add ...
- Khanday, W.A.; Ahmed, M.J.; Okoye, P.U.; Hummadi, Esam H.; Hameed, B.H.
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 255-259
- activated carbon; adsorbents; adsorption; cephalexin; chitin; pH; phosphoric acid; pollutants; pyrolysis; sorption isotherms; surface area; temperature
- ... Cephalexin (CFX) antibiotic, a potent pharmaceutical water pollutant, was efficiently removed by activated carbon (AC) derived from a single-step pyrolysis of phosphoric acid-activated chitin. Experimental conditions such as temperature, CFX initial concentration, and solution pH were screened in batch adsorption. Phosphoric acid activation of chitin and subsequent pyrolysis tailored the Brunauer– ...