Jump to Main Content
- Godlewska, Paulina; Siatecka, Anna; Kończak, Magdalena; Oleszczuk, Patryk
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 421-429
- adsorbents; adsorption; biochar; carbon dioxide; hydrophobic bonding; nitrogen; phenanthrenes; sewage; sewage sludge; temperature
- ... Adsorption of phenanthrene (PHE) and pyrene (PYR) by engineered carbon-based adsorbents produced from sewage sludge in an atmosphere of nitrogen (N₂) or carbon dioxide (CO₂) at temperatures of 500, 600, and 700 °C was investigated. The addition of willow to the SSL decreased the biochar adsorption capacity. However, there was an increase in the adsorption capacity after changing N₂ to CO₂. The add ...
- Tong, Wei; Liu, Qingcai; Ran, Guangjing; Liu, Lan; Ren, Shan; Chen, Lin; Jiang, Lijun
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 412-420
- Ficus virens; activation energy; antagonism; biochar; biomass; combustion; equations; fuels; kinetics; mixing; models; synergism; temperature; thermogravimetry
- ... The combustion behavior of anthracite, biomass (Ficus virens) char and their blends were investigated by thermogravimetry analysis (TGA). The combustion process mainly focused on the volatile combustion and char combustion. The addition of char reduced the initial temperature and final temperature of fuels. The interactions firstly inhibited and then facilitated. When the blending ratio was 70AN30 ...