Jump to Main Content
- Godlewska, Paulina; Siatecka, Anna; Kończak, Magdalena; Oleszczuk, Patryk
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 421-429
- adsorbents; adsorption; biochar; carbon dioxide; hydrophobic bonding; nitrogen; phenanthrenes; sewage; sewage sludge; temperature
- ... Adsorption of phenanthrene (PHE) and pyrene (PYR) by engineered carbon-based adsorbents produced from sewage sludge in an atmosphere of nitrogen (N₂) or carbon dioxide (CO₂) at temperatures of 500, 600, and 700 °C was investigated. The addition of willow to the SSL decreased the biochar adsorption capacity. However, there was an increase in the adsorption capacity after changing N₂ to CO₂. The add ...
- Hu, Jianjun; Li, Dun; Lee, Duu-Jong; Zhang, Quanguo; Wang, Wei; Zhao, Shuheng; Zhang, Zhiping; He, Chao
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 371-377
- biomass; carbon dioxide; carbon monoxide; corn straw; feedstocks; gasification; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; hydrogen; methane; synthesis gas; temperature; wastes
- ... The syngas that is produced from waste biomass often has high levels of CH₄ and CO₂, which are greenhouse gases. This investigation presents an integrated gasification and catalytic reforming process with a closed gas loop that can improve quality of syngas from corn straw and mitigate CH₄ and CO₂ emission. The effects of the support type, reforming temperature, steam-to-biomass (S/B) ratio, and c ...