Jump to Main Content
- Hu, Jianjun; Li, Dun; Lee, Duu-Jong; Zhang, Quanguo; Wang, Wei; Zhao, Shuheng; Zhang, Zhiping; He, Chao
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 371-377
- biomass; carbon dioxide; carbon monoxide; corn straw; feedstocks; gasification; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; hydrogen; methane; synthesis gas; temperature; wastes
- ... The syngas that is produced from waste biomass often has high levels of CH₄ and CO₂, which are greenhouse gases. This investigation presents an integrated gasification and catalytic reforming process with a closed gas loop that can improve quality of syngas from corn straw and mitigate CH₄ and CO₂ emission. The effects of the support type, reforming temperature, steam-to-biomass (S/B) ratio, and c ...
- Hu, Jianjun; Li, Chong; Lee, Duu-Jong; Guo, Qianhui; Zhao, Shuheng; Zhang, Quanguo; Li, Dun
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 183-187
- adverse effects; biomass; carbon; carbon monoxide; corn stover; experimental design; gasification; heat; hydrogen; iron; oxygen; peanut hulls; prediction; rice straw; steam; synthesis gas; temperature; wheat straw
- ... Chemical looping gasification is a promising technology to convert biomass into syngas with low adverse effects by heat loss and production dilution. This study utilized 60% loading Fe₂O₃/Al₂O₃ oxygen carrier (OC) for gasification tests on four biomass samples: rice straw, corn stalk, peanut shell and wheat straw under OC/biomass (OC/B) ratio of 1.0, steam/biomass (S/B) ratio of 2.8, reaction time ...