Jump to Main Content
- Hu, Jianjun; Li, Dun; Lee, Duu-Jong; Zhang, Quanguo; Wang, Wei; Zhao, Shuheng; Zhang, Zhiping; He, Chao
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 371-377
- biomass; carbon dioxide; carbon monoxide; corn straw; feedstocks; gasification; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; hydrogen; methane; synthesis gas; temperature; wastes
- ... The syngas that is produced from waste biomass often has high levels of CH₄ and CO₂, which are greenhouse gases. This investigation presents an integrated gasification and catalytic reforming process with a closed gas loop that can improve quality of syngas from corn straw and mitigate CH₄ and CO₂ emission. The effects of the support type, reforming temperature, steam-to-biomass (S/B) ratio, and c ...
- Zhou, Guixiang; Qiu, Xiuwen; Chen, Lin; Zhang, Congzhi; Ma, Donghao; Zhang, Jiabao
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 229-238
- Bacillaceae; Devosia; Georgenia; Mycobacterium; additives; amino acid metabolism; ammonium; bacterial communities; beta-Proteobacteria; biochemical pathways; carbohydrate metabolism; community structure; composting; corn straw; energy metabolism; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; keystone species; temperature; worm casts; zeolites
- ... Succession and metabolism functions of bacterial communities were determined in maize straw composting with earthworm casts and zeolite addition by using high-throughput sequencing, Biolog and PICRUSt. Results showed that earthworm casts and zeolite addition increased the temperature, decreased NH₄⁺ contents and affected bacterial community structure. The relative abundances of Firmicutes and Beta ...