Jump to Main Content
- Godlewska, Paulina; Siatecka, Anna; Kończak, Magdalena; Oleszczuk, Patryk
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 421-429
- adsorbents; adsorption; biochar; carbon dioxide; hydrophobic bonding; nitrogen; phenanthrenes; sewage; sewage sludge; temperature
- ... Adsorption of phenanthrene (PHE) and pyrene (PYR) by engineered carbon-based adsorbents produced from sewage sludge in an atmosphere of nitrogen (N₂) or carbon dioxide (CO₂) at temperatures of 500, 600, and 700 °C was investigated. The addition of willow to the SSL decreased the biochar adsorption capacity. However, there was an increase in the adsorption capacity after changing N₂ to CO₂. The add ...
- Li, Bolin; Yan, Wenkai; Wang, Yue; Wang, Heng; Zhou, Zhi; Li, Ye; Zhang, Wenqin
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 136-142
- enzyme activity; enzymes; microbial communities; nitrifying bacteria; nitrites; nitrogen; temperature
- ... Recently, a flocculent-granular hybrid reactor was reported as a novel nitrogen removal system; however, the mechanisms of stable operation in the system remain unclear. In this study, the mechanisms of the stable nitrogen removal performance in a flocculent-granular hybrid system were investigated with temperature reduction. The operational period was divided into three phases with different temp ...