Jump to Main Content
- Li, Dan; Zheng, Binghui; Chu, Zhaosheng; Liu, Yan; Huang, Minsheng
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 295-302
- constructed wetlands; lakes; models; nonpoint source pollution; nutrients; pollutants; pollution control; seasonal variation; temperature; watersheds; wet season
- ... Storing multipond constructed wetlands, dispersed in the areas of rural lake or river basins, are unique and alternative conventional treatment systems for non-point source pollution. However, the sustainable operation and successful application of these systems remain a challenge. This study aimed to assess the seasonal variations of performance, identify operational factors of nutrients removal ...
- Khanday, W.A.; Ahmed, M.J.; Okoye, P.U.; Hummadi, Esam H.; Hameed, B.H.
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 255-259
- activated carbon; adsorbents; adsorption; cephalexin; chitin; pH; phosphoric acid; pollutants; pyrolysis; sorption isotherms; surface area; temperature
- ... Cephalexin (CFX) antibiotic, a potent pharmaceutical water pollutant, was efficiently removed by activated carbon (AC) derived from a single-step pyrolysis of phosphoric acid-activated chitin. Experimental conditions such as temperature, CFX initial concentration, and solution pH were screened in batch adsorption. Phosphoric acid activation of chitin and subsequent pyrolysis tailored the Brunauer– ...