Jump to Main Content
- Khanday, W.A.; Ahmed, M.J.; Okoye, P.U.; Hummadi, Esam H.; Hameed, B.H.
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 255-259
- activated carbon; adsorbents; adsorption; cephalexin; chitin; pH; phosphoric acid; pollutants; pyrolysis; sorption isotherms; surface area; temperature
- ... Cephalexin (CFX) antibiotic, a potent pharmaceutical water pollutant, was efficiently removed by activated carbon (AC) derived from a single-step pyrolysis of phosphoric acid-activated chitin. Experimental conditions such as temperature, CFX initial concentration, and solution pH were screened in batch adsorption. Phosphoric acid activation of chitin and subsequent pyrolysis tailored the Brunauer– ...
- Ahmed, Ibrahim Nasser; Yang, Xiu-Li; Dubale, Amare Aregahegn; Shao, Rong; Guan, Rong-Feng; Meng, Xiangming; Xie, Ming-Hua
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 213-221
- Platanus acerifolia; bark; biomass; coordination polymers; enzymatic hydrolysis; ethanol; ethanol production; furfural; hot water treatment; hydroxymethylfurfural; lignocellulose; porosity; reducing sugars; surface area; temperature; zirconium
- ... Metal-organic framework (MOF) assisted hydrothermal pretreatment and co-catalysis strategy based on UiO-66 MOF is developed for the first time. The Planetree exfoliating bark was pretreated with or without UiO-66 assisted hydrothermal method at a temperature ranging from 160 to 240 °C for 1–3 h residence. With the rise of pretreatment severity, the total reducing sugar (TRS) was increased till rea ...