Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Le; Loh, Kai-Chee; Zhang, Jingxin; Mao, Liwei; Tong, Yen Wah; Wang, Chi-Hwa; Dai, Yanjun
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.285 pp. 121333
- Bacteroidetes; Methanobacterium; Methanosaeta; Methanosarcina; Pseudomonas; Tissierella; activated sludge; anaerobic digesters; anaerobic digestion; food waste; methane production; methanogens
- ... A three-stage anaerobic digester setup was configured and evaluated for enhanced methane production during co-digestion of food waste and waste activated sludge and the corresponding bacterial and methanogen communities were characterized. Results showed that the average methane yield (0.496 L/gVS) in the three-stage digester was 13–52% higher than that of one- and two-stage digesters. Compared to ...
- Duan, Yumin; Awasthi, Sanjeev Kumar; Liu, Tao; Verma, Shivpal; Wang, Quan; Chen, Hongyu; Ren, Xiuna; Zhang, Zengqiang; Awasthi, Mukesh Kumar
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 79-87
- Dysgonomonas; Marinimicrobium; Pseudomonas; Tissierella; bacterial communities; bacterial culture; biochar; cow manure; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; statistical analysis; straw
- ... The present work studied to evaluate the effectiveness under the interaction of bacterial consortium and biochar applied to give impetus to bacterial community activities among cow manure composting. High-throughput sequencing technique and six treatments were carried out: T2, T3 and T6 were single apply of bacteria culture (C), 12%wood biochar (12%WB) and 12%wheat straw biochar (12%WSB), respecti ...