Jump to Main Content
- Kaushal, Mehak; Chary, K. Venkata Narayana; Ahlawat, Saumya; Palabhanvi, Basavaraj; Goswami, Gargi; Das, Debasish
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.249 pp. 767-776
- Clostridium sporogenes; acetic acid; acetyl coenzyme A; adenosine triphosphate; ammonium acetate; butanol; butyric acid; carbon; ethanol; fermentation; glucose; glycerol; pyruvate carboxylase; tricarboxylic acid cycle
- ... Flux Balance Analysis was performed for Clostridium sporogenes NCIM 2918 grown on sole glucose and glycerol or glucose-glycerol combinations at varied concentrations. During acidogenesis, glucose and glucose-glycerol combinations favored improved growth and butyric acid production. Glycerol fermentation was however marked by reduced growth and predominant ethanol synthesis. Further, with increase ...
- Cansado, Isabel Pestana da Paixão; Belo, Cristóvão Ramiro; Mourão, Paulo Alexandre Mira
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.249 pp. 328-333
- Tectona grandis; activated carbon; adsorbents; carbon dioxide; developing countries; income; industrialization; liquids; pesticides; pollutants; porosity; sawdust; temperature; trees; East Timor
- ... This work presents a first approach concerning the use of Tectona Grandis tree sawdust (from East Timor) for high activated carbon production, by physical activation with carbon dioxide at different temperatures. The activated carbons (AC) obtained exhibit a well-developed porous structure with a pore size distribution varying from micro to mesopores. Selected AC was successfully evaluated for pes ...