Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Yuepeng; Guan, Yuntao; Wang, Dan; Liang, Kai; Wu, Guangxue
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.259 pp. 136-145
- ammonia; bacteria; biofilm; genes; homoserine; metagenomics; nitrites; organic carbon; protein synthesis; quorum sensing
- ... Two lab-scale nitrifying sequencing batch biofilm reactors, with (SBBR_CN) or without the addition of organics (SBBR_N), were operated to investigate potential roles of acyl homoserine lactone (AHL) based quorum sensing. AHLs of N-[(RS)-3-Hydroxybutyryl]-L-homoserine lactone, N-hexanoyl-L-homoserine lactone (C6-HSL) and N-octanoyl-L-homoserine lactone (C8-HSL) were detected in both reactors. C6-HS ...
- Jia, Wenlin; Zhang, Jian; Lu, Yumiao; Li, Guangchao; Yang, Weihua; Wang, Qian
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.259 pp. 214-220
- activated sludge; ambient temperature; ammonia; bacteria; gene dosage; magnetic fields; nitrification; nitrites; nitrogen; polymers
- ... Static magnetic field (SMF) with the intensity of 15 mT was applied during partial nitrification (PN) process to evaluate the impacts on nitrogen transformation and microbial characteristics. Results showed that the startup period of PN process at ambient temperature was markedly shortened by SMF, and the nitrite accumulation increased by 18% due to SMF exposure. The ammonia oxidizing bacteria (AO ...