Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Peng, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.259 pp. 46-53
- Monoraphidium; abscisic acid; antioxidant activity; gene expression; gibberellins; lipid content; lipids; melatonin; nitrogen; reactive oxygen species
- ... In this study, melatonin (MT) promoted lipid accumulation in Monoraphidium sp. QLY-1 under nitrogen deficiency conditions. The lipid accumulation increased 1.22- and 1.36-fold compared with a nitrogen-starved medium and a normal BG-11 medium, respectively. The maximum lipid content was 51.38%. The reactive oxygen species (ROS) level in the presence of melatonin was lower than that in the control g ...
- Zhao, Peng, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.266 pp. 315-321
- Haematococcus pluvialis; abiotic stress; algae; astaxanthin; butylated hydroxytoluene; lipids; nitric oxide
- ... The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) on the production of astaxanthin and lipids in Haematococcus pluvialis LUGU under high-light and nitrogen-deficiency conditions. Astaxanthin and lipid contents were increased by 71.13% and 10.71%, respectively, in algal cells treated with 2 mg L−1 BHT. The maximal contents of astaxanthin and lipids were 3.17% an ...