Jump to Main Content
- Li, Jun, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.175 pp. 42-50
- anions; catalytic activity; cationic surfactants; cations; cysteine; ethanol; ionic liquids; tetramethylammonium compounds
- ... Focusing on the task-specific properties of ionic liquids (ILs), a novel IL was designed by combining the quaternary ammonium cationic surfactant, [N1,1,1,1]+, with benign amino acid anion ([Cys]−), and was successfully employed in whole-cell-catalyzed bioreduction by Trichodermaasperellum ZJPH0810 using an ionic liquid-distilled water medium. As expected, based on better understanding about the e ...
- Li, Jun, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.179 pp. 26-34
- electrodes; microbial fuel cells; oxygen
- ... Two identical microbial fuel cells (MFCs) with a floating air-cathode were operated under either buffered (MFC-B) or bufferless (MFC-BL) conditions to investigate anolyte recirculation effects on enhancing proton transfer. With an external resistance of 50Ω and recirculation rate of 1.0ml/min, MFC-BL had a 27% lower voltage (9.7% lower maximal power density) but a 64% higher Coulombic efficiency ( ...