Jump to Main Content
- Chu, Qiulu; Li, Xin; Ma, Bin; Xu, Yong; Ouyang, Jia; Zhu, Junjun; Yu, Shiyuan; Yong, Qiang
- Bioresource technology 2012 v.123 pp. 699-702
- corn stover, etc ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; distillation; enzymatic hydrolysis; ethanol; ethanol production; glucose; hydrolysis; liquid state fermentation; liquid sugar; saccharification; solid state fermentation; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... An integrated process of enzymatic hydrolysis and fermentation was investigated for high ethanol production. The combination of enzymatic hydrolysis at low substrate loading, liquid fermentation of high sugars concentration and solid state fermentation of enzymatic hydrolysis residue was beneficial for conversion of steam explosion pretreated corn stover to ethanol. The results suggested that low ...
- Li, Qiang; Gao, Yang; Wang, Haisong; Li, Bin; Liu, Chao; Yu, Guang; Mu, Xindong
- Bioresource technology 2012 v.125 pp. 193-199
- corn stover, etc ; alkalis; biomass; delignification; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzymatic hydrolysis; glucose; hydrolysis; lignin; saccharification; sodium sulfite; temperature; xylose; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Corn stover was treated with NaOH, NaOH+anthraquinone (AQ), NaOH+Na₂SO₃ (alkaline), NaOH+Na₂SO₃ (neutral), and NaOH+Na₂S, respectively. The treated corn stover was subjected to hydrolysis with cellulase (20 FPU/g dry biomass) and β-glucosidase (10IU/g dry biomass). Compared with other pretreatment methods, alkaline sodium sulfite pretreatment (ASSP) at a relatively low temperature of 140°C provide ...