Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Qin; Marshall, Megan N.; Geib, Scott M.; Tien, Ming; Richard, Tom L.
- Bioresource technology 2012 v.117 pp. 186-192
- corn stover, etc ; biofuels; cellulose; depolymerization; enzymatic hydrolysis; fermentation; gas chromatography; hemicellulose; hydrolysis; hydroxides; laccase; lignin; lignocellulose; microorganisms; silage; spectroscopy; sugars; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to explore the synergies of laccase, a ligninolytic enzyme, with cellulose and hemicellulase amendments on ensiled corn stover. Molecular signals of lignin decomposition were observed by tetramethylammonium hydroxide thermochemolysis and gas chromatography–mass spectroscopy (TMAH–GC–MS) analysis. The significant findings suggest that ensilage might provide a platform for ...
- Li, Qiang; Gao, Yang; Wang, Haisong; Li, Bin; Liu, Chao; Yu, Guang; Mu, Xindong
- Bioresource technology 2012 v.125 pp. 193-199
- corn stover, etc ; alkalis; biomass; delignification; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzymatic hydrolysis; glucose; hydrolysis; lignin; saccharification; sodium sulfite; temperature; xylose; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Corn stover was treated with NaOH, NaOH+anthraquinone (AQ), NaOH+Na₂SO₃ (alkaline), NaOH+Na₂SO₃ (neutral), and NaOH+Na₂S, respectively. The treated corn stover was subjected to hydrolysis with cellulase (20 FPU/g dry biomass) and β-glucosidase (10IU/g dry biomass). Compared with other pretreatment methods, alkaline sodium sulfite pretreatment (ASSP) at a relatively low temperature of 140°C provide ...