Jump to Main Content
- Silva-Fernandes, Talita; Duarte, Luís Chorão; Carvalheiro, Florbela; Marques, Susana; Loureiro-Dias, Maria Conceição; Fonseca, César; Gírio, Francisco
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.183 pp. 203-212
- Eucalyptus; Olea europaea; biorefining; cellulose; enzymatic hydrolysis; enzymes; experimental design; feedstocks; glucose; lignin; lignocellulose; oligosaccharides; olives; pruning; sulfuric acid; trees; wheat straw
- ... This work proposes the biorefining of eucalyptus residues (ER), wheat straw (WS) and olive tree pruning (OP) combining hydrothermal pretreatment (autohydrolysis) with acid post-hydrolysis of the liquid fraction and enzymatic hydrolysis of the solid fraction towards maximal recovery of monosaccharides from those lignocellulose materials. Autohydrolysis of ER, WS and OP was performed under non-isoth ...
- Li, Cheng; Wang, Li; Chen, Zhengxing; Li, Yongfu; Wang, Ren; Luo, Xiaohu; Cai, Guolin; Li, Yanan; Yu, Qiusheng; Lu, Jian
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.183 pp. 240-247
- bound water; cellulose; corn stover; enzymatic hydrolysis; glucose; lignin; ozonolysis; particle size; solubilization; washing; water activity; xylan; xylose
- ... Maize stover was ozonolyzed to improve the enzymatic digestibility. The interactive effect of sample particle size and moisture content on ozonolysis was studied. After ozonolysis, both lignin and xylan decreased while cellulose was only slightly affected in all experiments. It was also found that the smaller particle size is better for ozonolysis. The similar water activity of the different optim ...